Monday, September 29, 2008

New gaedt Version: 0.8.5

I am pleased to follow up my initial blog post announcing the gaedt project with another blog post announcing the next version: gaedt 0.8.5

AppYamlEditor.png My hope is that we can get frequent releases of gaedt put up onto Google Code very frequently until we arrive at a stable, feature-rich version. I don't really have a great sense at this point about precisely what that means. The project is pretty fluid at the moment. We need to really nail down what the set of features will be, and then create a set of milestones to which the features can be assigned. Until that happens, we'll all just have to settle for frequent, somewhat haphazard releases. For the record, I'm OK with that. At least for now.

What are some of the things that are new in 0.8.5? I'm glad you asked. There are two primary issues that have been addressed. You can find more information about those issues here.

You can get a sense for what's coming up in the future by clicking on the "What We're Working On" link in the sidebar.

Finally, I wanted to mention that if anyone would like to contribute their time to do a little bit of coding on this project, we're happy to accept it. The goal of gaedt is to create the premier IDE for Google App Engine application development.

Powered by Zoundry Raven

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: